Tuesday 4 February 2014

I really am IN the US of A.

http://www.tonilebusque.com/store/p44/Pink%2C_yellow_and_white_house-Approx_A4_Soft_pastel_on_black_paper.html
While I was drawing this house road workers went up and down the road in front of me, driving mini steamrollers and crushing asphalt into the street and smiling at me as they passed.
The house, in Sherman Heights, San Diego, is just over the bridge that separates Golden Hill and Sherman Heights and the bridge is over one of those massive multi-lane freeways that has a massive green signs that things like LOS ANGELES. and MLK Parkway and other directions.
So after I finished the drawing I walked back across the bridge and for a moment I stood in its middle, looking down at the cars and then over to the city in the distance and then up at a plane as it flew in to land at the San Diego airport.

And as I stood there looking at these vistas that I'd only really ever seen in films and on TV, I had a revelation-
'Woah,' I thought to myself, 'I really am IN the US of A!'



No comments:

Post a Comment