Friday 25 July 2014

Small mercies.

Today, when I found out I have to take a US driving test, I nearly throw up.
I get a headache and start thinking about chemical relief.
It has been a terrible idea that I had moved to the US and that Tea Bagging Republicans are right-The Government have too much power, including the power to make me take another driving test!
All I can now think of is getting in the car with the instructor and starting the car BEFORE I put my seat belt on.

Teresa at the DMV (who sounds exactly like the meth-head from Orange is the New Black) is very kind.
'I'm too old for this,' I tell Teresa.
'You'll be fine,' she says, 'there's a handbook to help you out and you just gotta read the 180 pages,'
I'm pretty sure at that point I say 'fuck'.
'Then you do a behind the wheel test, some driving around the town and then a little bit on the freeway.
I say 'oh my God' at the think of the freeway and rub my forehead which is sinking lower to the table.

'What about motorcycle?' I ask her, 'Do I have to retake that?'
When she tells me yes I tell Teresa I might start crying.
'Is there any good news?' I ask Teresa.
'Well, yes' says Teresa, 'it'll all only cost ya $33 dollars.'

Small mercies, Teresa.
Small Mercies.


Check out more of my art at-
spikyheart.com
tonilebusque.com







No comments:

Post a Comment