Sunday 13 July 2014

Carlos the Charismatic


http://www.spikyheart.com/

Carlos doesn't live next door, Eddy does, but Carlos is often there talking.
A lot.
Carlos likes to talk.
He hangs his phone from the light fixture in the ceiling of the porch and listens to music and talks.
To Eddy, Priscilla and some other guys who sit on the porch next door.

A few days ago Carlos comes in asking if his son, Carlos Jr, can use our microwave to warm up his sandwich.
I stand in the kitchen with Carlos Jr talking about the football world cup while Carlos stands at the front door talking to Kimberly about the spirits in this house.
'You ever hear anything?' he asks us.
'Like what?' I say.
'You know...,' he says, 'like noise, like something in the night, you know, stuffs like that,'
I tell him I have never heard anything.
He tells me that this is good.
Carlos had told me that an old evil woman had lived and died in this house and that if I ever hear anything I should tell it to go away.
Carlos then tells us that if we do hear anything it's probably just in our heads.
'Sometimes you make it true only in your head,' he says, pointing to his forehead.

Carlos comes and goes from next door.
Sometimes I won't see him for a week or two.
I'll ask Eddy or Priscilla if they have seen him and then we will all wonder where he is.
The he will show up again, full of tales, making Eddy laugh.

A few weeks after we met Carlos told me that his wife had been shot, by the police.
'Not too far from here,' he told me.
'10 times.' he said.

*****
The image above is from South Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment